Due to exciting new service developments, an opportunity has arisen for appropriately qualified people to apply for the above part-time position based in Wodonga on a fixed term contact for 30 hrs p.w. Salary Range $78,330 to $82,300 per annum pro-rata.
The Hume Riverina Community Legal Service (HRCLS), auspiced by UMFC, provides free and confidential legal advice and information to individuals who reside or work in North East Victoria and the Riverina of NSW, and is the only Community Legal Centre in the region.
Under the direction of the Principal Lawyer/Manager, the primary role of the Lawyer (Family Law/Family Violence NSW ) is to deliver services through Commonwealth funding received from Legal Aid NSW targeting those affected by family violence, with family law and family violence related legal problems. The Lawyer will establish partnerships with family violence service providers in NSW and attend NSW outreach locations, to provide legal advice, information, referrals and ongoing casework to priority clients (including attendance at the Albury Local Court and Federal Circuit Court as required). The Lawyer will also participate in a range of other HRCLS services including community legal education and law reform policy work
For this role, it is essential that you are eligible to hold an unrestricted practising certificate in Victoria as an employee of a law practice.
Further information about the HRCLS can be found at www.hrcls.org.au.
If you are passionate about UMFC’s mission
‘Strengthening families to build vibrant communities’
And strongly identify with our values of
‘Participation, Respect, Excellence, Justice and Honesty’
Then please apply now…
Your application must include:
- A covering letter with your full name, address and contact details along with the title of the position being applied for
- A copy of your current curriculum vitae including qualifications, professional affiliations and employment history and the names and contact details of at least three recent professional referees
- Response to the relevant questions completed during the on line application process.
Enquiries: Sarah Rodgers on 02 6055 8090 or [email protected]
ADDITIONALLY, PLEASE NOTE:
If successful you will be required to undergo and pass a National Police Check (completed and paid for by UMFC), which must be cleared prior to commencement in the role.
If a Working with Children Check (WWCC) is required it will be stated in the relevant Position Description.
- If the role is in Victoria: you will need to hold a current Employee Victorian WWCC and supply your card as evidence for status checking by UMFC. You will also need to update your employer details on the relevant card.
- If the role is in NSW: you will need to hold a current Employee NSW WWCC. You will need to supply the WWCC number and your date of birth so that your check can be verified by UMFC.
For further info, Or to apply for a WWCC please visit:
New South Wales: www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 06 Sep 2017